Friday, August 7, 2009

Another response

Firstly, I'd like to know more about WoW. Seriously. I don't know. (Still haven't finished the Sunwell Trilogy but I will!!!!someday).
Now, slavery as forced labor against the slave's will is not a good thing. In ancient times when it was used to work off debts or as indentured servitude or such, I don't think it was so terrible. (Not going into semantics as that issue is pretty moot.)
Homosexuality is not an issue. I'm sorry. It isn't. Emphasis must be placed on sexuality. Sex is a freaky realm however you look at it, and if two (or more cough) people care about each other and don't torture, abuse, or murder passersby, then there's just nothing wrong with what they agree to do. It's not a real problem, at all, to anyone. What many people seemed to be pissed over is the idea of gay marriage because marriage is "defined" (somewhere) as a sanctified union by God via priest between a man and a woman. Somewhere else in the bible it also says that man may not lie down with man as he does with woman. a) This says nothing about lesbianism, bisexuality, or transgendered folks; b) it doesn't say anything about sex to begin with. Man may not lie down with man as with woman, well duh; men don't (usually) have vaginas, which impedes most of sexual intercourse, really. It's pretty logical; it's just a statement. And if marriage is between a man and woman, only, why can't this definition be changed, or a new one made? Do you do anything on a regular basis that requires strict adherance to rules penned thousands of years ago?
I hate vegetarianism. I really do. It doesn't achieve anything it's meant to. You kill things by breathing, by using resources that other creatures then can't. It's rather suicidal, in the same way that some people exercise too much; you're draining your body of nutrients that it needs, which you can't get from sources other than meat. It's not kind because you still kill things. I'm sure I have more to say about this, but I can't remember and need to go in a minute.
Yesterday I went to a D&D session at a friend's house, and one person there has a family of scientologists and I said that I hate scientology (having lost track of the conversation) and then someone else announced that we were all finished with talking about religion. I need to say something about this. It's very important. If you take nothing else from this post, please choose this.
People are constantly respecting each other, setting boundaries, complaining, and conflicting about various aspects of religion. I am in a very small minority group of people. We don't have special clubs. We don't get airtime on the news. We don't get our own forums and tax deductions and social understandings. We don't even get secluded colonies.
I'm celibate.
If you don't know what that means, it means that when I was fourteen years old I carefully thought about sex and its consequences and then promised myself I would never do it. Never. I will probably post more about my reasons for this later, but for now...I don't get special attention because of it. I still listen to sexual innuendo and am offended on a nearly hourly basis. People don't apologize. They don't even ask. They don't care even if they find out. Some people think it's because of some kind of trauma or that I'm crazy or that I'm an attention whore, or any number of other ridiculous and innacurate reasons. I have simply made a moral decision for myself, and have the personal conviction to stick to it.
No one considers this.
No one cares.
Choke on that, right-wingers.

~ The Maraudess of Moog, Numbah Six, mousemuffins

P.S. Another word for this is "asexuality" - plug it in to TV Tropes, it's a decent article.

1 comment:

  1. I'll tells you about WoW, email me, xzillerationer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete