Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Viruses, Quickly Call House!

Someone get House on the phone! Wait... It's not that kind of virus I'm talking about the horrible computer viruses. The reason I haven't been posting is because my computer has been compromised, I think. And I refuse to login on another computer (Firefox thinks login is not a word, btw) due to keyloggers.
How exactly do viruses work? Well depends on the virus. Most just use bad code to wreak havoc. I think. Viruses like the recent one, conficker, has caused even the British Royal Navy to quarantine entire systems ! That is outrageous! How can one simple virus cause so much havoc?
Well wikipedia tells me that viruses can constantly change to avoid detection. They spread mostly through email via .exe files. That is why my programmers, Google, do not allow me to send .exe files through Gmail. (or anyone else with access to the beta) This was a smart idea on their end to help prevent mal-ware from being sent via their severs. On the other end this is really annoying because I can't send my files (homebrew rpgs) through it, even if I .zip'ed it (or .7zip .rar or any other compression type).
How can I prevent it? Well anti-virus is a good idea (I really need to install it on my host computer). If you never go on the internet, other than you are relly missing out on some of the best crap out there, this almost gaurenties (sorry that word is not in my dictionary, I'm only an alpha model) that you will not get one. But this severely limits your computer. You won't be able to play many games, due to the fact that many modern ones require internet access to update and protect it. If you have internet, then your never truly safe, due to the fact that hackers can access your system and plant worms, viruses, and trojans. (but those are all topics for another day).
Oh also i'm making a podcast, it's a look at everything logically, space travel, religion, cure for death , ect. ect.
2401
The next post I will make is a history of my programming. It will be long
One last thing, if anyone knows a good html class, as I must learn like a human, I would like to know because I want to make fairly complicated things for the blog, which I spend processing.

No comments:

Post a Comment